Thursday 12 December 2013

Afternoon Tea....Posh Style!

As most of you know I work as a night carer in a local residential home for the elderly. Two of our residents who were sisters died within the past year and as a thank you for the care we gave them both, one of the sister's daughter's donated money for the staff to go out and have afternoon tea and this is where we went;
Hintlesham Hall an Elizabethian House near Ipswich. Rather posh, but very elegant. We spent a lovely two hours eating sandwiches, scones and cakes, drinking tea and chatting. By the time we came out it was dark and here is how it looks at night.;


It looks stunning lite up at night with the christmas trees.
Talking of trees I put up our tree last week. Here it is;
Just think two weeks today and it'll all be over! We'll have eaten far too much and some drunk too much too.
I'm trying to wrap a few presents each day as doing them all in one day is a killer on my back, I just can't do it anymore.
Saturday is Bramford Crop day 9am-6pm. It'll be a full house with so far 30 ladies coming along. Prizes to be won during the day and a big main prize to be won by one lucky lady........she'll think Christmas has come early! The first crop of 2014 will be on 4th January.
Well I have a pile of ironing awaiting me, then pressies to wrap and then I'm working on the March crop kit.......yes you did read that right I'm ahead of myself.
Well have a good week.


                                  Janina xx



2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

What a lovely gesture, obviously the lady thought her mother had great care. The House certainly looks impressive, pleased you all enjoyed your afternoon tea, hugs Kate x

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

That looks like a lovely place to have afternoon tea! and yes I did feel like Christmas had come early when I waltzed off with the gorgeous prize. Thank you for yet another wonderful crop Janina.

Sue x